Happy Hour in a rush!


Happy Friday!  Life is filled with errands and adult things that must be done. Add two kids to the mix and those quiet, alone moments you dreaded as a teen, become so rare that you begin to crave silence.  You even dream of these moments becoming a reality.  My husband needed a haircut so bad, and, we only had two hours to spare before my son's swimming class. The good news: his new barber's location.  8th street and 16th Ave.  While he got his haircut, I decided to stop by Ella's Oyster bar and experience this place.


  It was the perfect time to stop by, as only a few tables were busy. I sat at the bar and my waitress greeted me letting me know it was happy hour. Without much hesitation I ordered a Mojito. Perfect for 99" temperature today. I've never had a raw oyster so she recommended the Oysters Rockefeller.  Baked oysters with uní butter, lime, herbs, & panko. The oysters were fresh, tasted like they were just brought from the ocean. We also had fried calamari, coconut cherry rice, and for dessert the pastelito Ice cream sandwich. 


The ambiance was great, the menu is fresh, so different, it can't be compared to any other seafood restaurant in the area.  The staff was friendly and attentive.  Come for the oysters, baked, fresh, in a shot, or ceviche style, stay for the rest of the menu which deserves "I'll take one of each" chance!   Most importantly I got some quiet time, the hubby got a haircut, and even made it in time to have a drink and a bite to eat with me before we picked up our kids and headed to their swimming lesson.  Now, to put my toddler in bed for the 6th time in a row.... Good night!   

Comments

Popular Posts