Happy Friday and Happy One Year Anniversary to me and my little Instablog!

This is my first post on the blog, but I've been posting content on my Instagram account for one whole year already!   I started this little project because some people would tell me often I should blog. I also got a lot of questions about things that I did with my kids, friends, and the not very often but fun famous date night. So I decided that some of my family pictures and experiences were for our family to enjoy, while others were meant to be shared and help other who may benefit from my feedback.

Since this is my first official post on my blog, I will tell you a little( okay a lot but only today, I promise) about myself.  I'm in my 30's and have two boys, a pre-teen and a toddler. I've been married for 17 years now to my teen crush!  I worked for a shipping company who makes their drivers wear brown for 11 years but I won't write the 3 letter name here because this is my space.  After spending 18 years total in the shipping industry climbing the corporate ladder, I felt extremely tired, not enjoying what I did, and felt boxed. Unable to use my creativity and constantly feeling the need to change things for the better, wanting to work in a positive work environment, I felt empty.  I worked long hours that left me so exhausted I didn't have time for anything. My kids were growing, and I was absent for a better part of the time.  I was missing out on a lot.  So, after pondering, praying, and having lots of late night conversations with my other half about my feelings we decided it was best to rethink my employment.

The job was great,the company is amazing, the benefits were even better, I loved my co-workers, and I learned a whole lot about running a business efficiently, but, I wasn't there for my family. Mentally drained and physically exhausted, I craved to be with and enjoy my family. So, after carefully considering the benefits and downside of quitting my job,  the benefits outweighed the negative and I decided it was time for a change. A change that allowed me to be there for my family, for me to be able to see something other than an LED bulb and gray cubicle walls.  My one year old didn't call me Mama, my preteen was craving attention, and I needed to be able to spend time with my husband after adding another baby to the mix, changing ourfamily dynamics altogether.

Its been a little over a year that I left my job.  My little boy said Mama two weeks after I stopped working.  My pre-teen drives me nuts but only because we actually spend a lot of time together now.  My husband sees me before he falls asleep every day.  In fact we spend all afternoon together. Sometimes we get on each others nerves but, I wouldn't have it any other way.  I found a job close to home that allows me to work and be a Mom, a wife, a friend, a person who is happy, and has time for a lot of things that use to be taken care of by my family and friends who supported me when I couldn't take care of simple things necessary in a family, like cooking, shopping, and keeping me sane through it all.

In this blog I will share some of my creativity, my family dynamics, and things to do with your family, or as a family, as well as things for you to do on your own or with friends. Life is meant to be enjoyed with those whom you love the most. In order to do that, you have to be able to do things that bring you and others joy!

Comments

Popular Posts