Super Hero Gallery Wall

Some kids are fascinated by dinosaurs, some by dolls, and some love superheroes.  I'm big on not forcing my kids to grow up too quick.  They'll be adults forever, and being an adult isn't a 5% of the fun and imagination we have as kids.  Some of the things I really loved as a child was a Barbie bedspread my Mom got me once when she came to Miami before we lived here.  Then, my Scooby-doo, Strawberry shortcake, Tom and Jerry, and Mickey and Minnie bedsheets.  My Mom always made sure we could express our personalities, in our rooms.

If you don't know by now, E is obsessed with Spiderman.  Nobody told him to like him, he wasn't old enough to watch any of the movies. He was drawn to the character.  Even after going thru a Godzila stage, a Toy Story stage, and, Cars, the only constant remains Peter Parker.  I'd like to say that Miles Morales' Spiderman into the Spiderverse had something to do with it. Its really one good story. That was the first Spiderman movie he watched, but, way after his Spiderman craze began.

When we moved to our new place, and saw he could have a room of his own, my friend immediately suggested we should go with a Superhero/ Spiderman vintage theme. Comic book like and not so much the modern stuff that screams Marvel.  We looked up some inspiration and started working on some ideas, that wouldn't break the bank.  One of the easiest ways to do this is by hanging art on the wall. My oldest loves comic books and a back in 2017 had asked me to get him a vintage comic book poster calendar. 

 While on a family trip on Georgia, we walked into a store full of knick knacks. They the Spiderman first cover printed on a metal sheet so that came home with us.  Another friend, went to At Home stores and found a canvas of Iron Man's comic book cover and grabbed it for me. The last few that were missing, I got from Zazzle. Under comic book vintage posters, I found the ones I needed and printed them in the sizes I needed and put them into frames I got at Michaels and IKEA.  I enjoy decorating with art because its easy to change the theme, with a little paint and new art.  

I had also seen at Pottery Barn kids a sign on their sample Spider man room painted on wood that read " Every Brother is a Superhero". It was way out of my budget, so I went on Etsy and found a downloadable file which I sent to print at my local Office Depot, simple plain white background with white letters and put it in one of the frames. Although, I'm not big on tv's on the wall, it is way safer for the tv to hang on the wall than have it sit on the dresser without anchoring.  We used a pull out Wall Mount so he can play games, or watch movies with his friends.

It was so fun to pick posters and lay them out to setup the wall positioning of the frames. The actual hanging was not so fun. I detest hanging stuff on the walls, and if I could, I would hire someone to do it for me...

I got the dresser from Facebook marketplace for $100.00! I got a little wood tray to hold his two Nintendo consoles and remotes, Sonic Funko, and Batman Lego frame he built.  The back pack was a gift and its from Pottery Barn kids. I bought cabinet knobs from CB2 on mega sale and had my husband drill it straight on the wall to hang his back pack.  The Marquee letter serves as a night light and its from Amazon.  He also added his wood Abacus/wooden calculator from IKEA and a slinky.








I'm almost done with the room, just need to move myself out of there as we have been in that room since we moved into the house.  I'll show you more of the room, once I'm in the final stages.  It's time for E to enjoy his room,  In the meantime, I'm enjoying the Comic book vintage theme.   I have my biggest project in the room ready, just pending final touches. Can you guess what it is? What fun themes have you done in your kids' rooms?




Comments

Popular Posts